ACCESS TO ZINAL FOR ACCOMPANYING PARTIES
It is strongly advised to get to Zinal by public transport. The finish line is a stone’s throw away from the “Zinal centre” post bus stop
Rail service to Sierre Station :
- 2 trains an hour both ways on the main IR90 line (to /from Brigue and Geneva-Airport)
- 2 trains an hour both ways on the regional REGIO line (to/from Brigue and Monthey/St-Gingolph)
Bus service between Sierre and Zinal on Saturday August 13th:
- 12 rides up from Sierre Railway Station starting at 6:30 am
- Increased service on the way down with over 30 rides to Sierre (free of charge for runners).
- Several free parking areas are available downstream from Zinal, in the vicinity of Mottec. From these areas it is quite easy to get to the finish line at Zinal either walking or using the free shuttle bus (which runs non-stop from 8:00 am to 11:00 pm).
- Unlike previous years, few parking spaces will be available for spectators beyond Zinal on the road to the Plats de la Lée.
- Once these spaces are occupied, the road access to the village will be restricted to residents, authorized personnel, race organizers, post and shuttle buses.
Take note of Road Closures on the Anniviers road, on Saturday August 13th, 2022:
The Anniviers Road from Sierre to Zinal will be fully closed twice for 35 minutes to let runners use the road from 4:40 am to 5:15 am then again from 5:45 am to 6:20 am. Access Ban applies to all traffic during those times including motorbikes, scooters and bicycles.
The road from Vercorin to Vissoie will be open at all times.