Categories "Tourist" vs "Runner"
Registrants can choose to run either in the "Tourist" or "Runner" Category, depending on their estimated time.
"Tourist" Category StarT
Runners expecting to complete the course in under 4 hours are advised to avoid signing up in the “Tourist” Category.
- Age: from 10 years old but we encourage to register in Junior until 19 years old
- The participant registered in this category does more than 4h30
- It will be given an official time but will not be classified
- It result will not be taken into account for the calculation of scores (ITRA or UTMB)
- Early start (around 5am)
- Wider time barriers
- At the start, you can choose to climb via Niouc or via St-Antoine
"Runner" category Start
- Age : from 20 years old
- The participant registered in this category does less than 4h30
- His/her result can be taken into account for the calculation of scores (ITRA or UTMB)
- Late start (around 11am)
- More demanding time barriers
- At the start climb only by Niouc
The participants must abide the following cut-off times. Exceeding the cut-off times will result in disqualification (see Art. 46 Disqualification or withdrawal).
- Chandolin: [10:40 am] for the "Tourist” category, [2:10 pm] for the "Runner” category;
- Tignousa: [12:00 pm] for the "Tourist” category, [2:40 pm] for the "Runner” category;
- Hotel Weisshorn: [1:30 pm] for the "Tourist” category, [3:20 pm] for the "Runner" category.
The Organizers reserve the right to change the above mentioned cut-off times.
The final cut-off time at Zinal is [5:30 pm] for both "Tourists" and "Runners”. After this time, participants who have not yet arrived will be considered to be out of the race (see Art. 47 Out of the race or withdrawal).