DEAR FRIENDS OF SIERRE-ZINALWe are pleased to remind you that registration for the 48th running of Sierre-Zinal will open soon. The 2021 race is scheduled for 7 August, 2021 (unless we are compelled to adapt the format of the race to a month long event between 4 August and 12 September, 2021).
Read on for all the useful registration information.
NEW THIS YEAR: We will answer all your questions live on YouTube, Monday March 29th at 7:00pm!
REGISTRATION OPENINGRegistration opens on Friday April 2nd at 12:00pm (midday) on the race website.
There will be one registration session only, on a first come first serve basis. In partnership with Datasport, we have developed a countdown timer that will automatically open the registration portal at noon. Registration for each category will be closed once each race sells out. However, if your registration failed you will have a chance to try again in the minutes right after registration closes. After regular registration has closed, you will probably still have the option of buying a hotel or clinic training package which will give you the opportunity to run Sierre-Zinal and spend a few memorable days in our valley.
TIPS TO GET READY FOR APRIL 2nd:
- Create or update your Datasport personal account. You may also add one or several runners to your profile and register them at the same time as you.
- Have a valid credit card handy as payment must be finalised at the time of registration.
- Choose which category you want to enter: Runners, Tourists or Juniors (born between 2002 & 2011).
- Estimate your goal time. To help with this, examine the race course and refer to our chart to calculate your goal time based on your split times.
- Log in to the race website before 12:00pm (Midday) in the registration section and click on the Datasport link which appears.
- Begin the registration process as soon as the countdown gets to 0 (12:00 pm).
ONE DAY RACE CONFIGURATIONMoving the Race to Saturday will allow a higher number of entrants to take part while ensuring a smoother flow of runners along the course. For this project, we are partnering with CITEC an engineering and consulting group specialised in public transport and mobilitysolutions.
Runners will be seeded into 3 starting blocks staggered between 11:00 and 11:20am.
The Juniors’ Race will start from Chandolin at 10:15am. It is reserved to youngsters aged 10 to 19 (born between 2002 and 2011).
The Children’s Race (Race of the 5 Obstacles) will start at 6:00pm on Friday 6 August on the Place de L'Hôtel de Ville in Sierre (Sierre Town Hall Square), during the bib number pick up (1:00 to 8:00pm). It is reserved to children aged 4 to 9 (born between 2012 and 2018).