SIERRE-ZINAL: 1 DAY OR 1 MONTH!
Official 2021 Schedule Release
In 2020, faced with unprecedented circumstances, the SZ organising committee maintained its resolve to keep the flame going, crafting a different version of the race.
Sierre-Zinal was held as a free form month-long event abiding by the restrictions imposed by the health situation. However, a month-long event in no way conjures the same thrills and euphoria as our iconic one-day race. Which is why SZ organisers wish to resume the regular SZ format as soon as the situation allows. As the sanitary situation remains unpredictable, we are offering a project that will enable all mountain race fans to live as exciting an SZ experience as possible in 2021.
The Covid 19 pandemic and its ramifications have sadly become part and parcel of our lives. As such, we assume participants in the 2021 race can equally adapt to the evolving health situation and go along with a race format that is also liable to change.
Registrants to the 48th edition of Sierre-Zinal are fully cognizant of the fact that the race format is liable to change:
- A one-day race is our priority: SZ will be held on August 7th 2021. New: Please note that Sierre-Zinal is taking place on a Saturday (a small departure from the traditional second Sunday in August).
- A free form month-long event will be organized if and only if the health situation is such that large gatherings are not permitted. This event would take place from Wednesday 2 August to Sunday 12 September 2021. The organising committee will make a decision by June 30th2021.
FEES AND REFUND
Should the committee change the race’s classic format into a month-long event, registrants may expect partial entry fee refunds. However, a format change does not warrant a full refund.
- For runners who opt for hotel and training clinic packages (4%):
- For Sierre and Anniviers residents (8%):
registration opens on Sunday 14 February.
- For all other entrants (88%. TBD.
will be published in due time:
registration opens on Friday 2 April at 12:00 pm (midday)